Data Protection registration
PayeRti.org is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. PayeRti.org is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office as a not for profit entity on a voluntary basis as a Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 with registration number Z3326186.
No commercial purpose
Your personal data will not be used for any purpose other than that explicitly stated on this website, being the communication of news and information about Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs introduction of changes to Paye As You Earn, referred to as PAYE RTI, for which you have given your consent.
General use of your data
Your personal data will not be made available to any third party for their use nor will it be resold to or be made use of directly or indirectly by any other entity, unless you have requested us in writing to do so.
For the purposes of fulfilling our undertakings to you to comply with your request for information about PAYE RTI, PayeRti.org shares your information with sub-contractors for the electronic distribution of information to you. These partners are similarly expressly excluded from the unauthorised use of your data by PayeRti.org and applicable law.
What we collect
We may collect – where you consent to our doing so - the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to visitor analysis
- number of employees
What we do with the information you provide
We make use of the information visitors provide to monitor the success of the PayeRti.org website and information campaign and, in particular, for the following reasons:
· To compile internal data and analysis of the site’s visitor numbers;
· To understand better the issues arising from the introduction and operation of PAYE RTI;
· To provide you with news and information about PAYE RTI by email as you have instructed using the email address you have provided;
· We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes by email only about PAYE RTI and its costs and impacts for UK business, but in any event not for any commercial purpose;
· We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can unclick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by PayeRti.org for the purposes of updating you from time to time with email news updates about PAYE RTI.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for the purposes of updating you from time to time with email news updates about PAYE RTI, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing from such email news we send to your email address.
We will not share or otherwise communicate your personal information to any third party unless we have your prior permission to do so or are required by law to do so.
PayeRti.org does not add to the personal information you have provided voluntarily from other sources. Therefore the only information we hold about you is limited to the information you have yourself provided. The terms of PayeRti.org’s registration as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act require us to state that you may request details of personal information which we hold about you on paying a small fee. If you would like a copy of the information you have yourself supplied us with please write to PayeRti.org 16 Young Street, Edinburgh EH2 4PD, giving a valid email address by which we may contact you to notify you of the charge we will levy to comply with this request.